About the Job
General Description: Apprenticeship position in general woodwind building and repairs.
· Training is apprentice style, one on one and ongoing. This is an opportunity to learn a skilled trade
· Repair work will include cleaning, adjusting key mechanisms, replacing pads and corks, doing crack repairs, joint replacements (re and re all posts and keys), regulating and adjusting intricate and complex key mechanisms, testing.
· Work as part of the woodwind assembly team engaging in tasks such as posting, key assembly (aligning and fitting), play testing, adjustments, and final packing.
· You will be required to contribute to departmental discussions and problem solving
Benefits: Competitive pay, Vacation benefits, and holiday pay, plus employer funded extended health plan (sick days, bereavement leave, disability, life insurance, critical illness, dental, specialized health practitioners, etc.) EV charging station
Backun Musical Services is a Canadian manufacturing company specializing in Woodwind Instruments and acoustic accessories. The company’s products are played globally by many of the world’s most respected artists, while being sold through a network of distributors and dealers in more than 30 countries. Using advanced technology and complex manufacturing processes, Backun designs and manufactures exceptional woodwind products in Burnaby, BC, Canada. You can learn more about us at www.backunmusical.com
· You must have specific woodwind instrument experience
· Playing at an intermediate level is preferred in order to playtest
· You must have excellent communication skills and be committed to ongoing learning.
· You will be required to demonstrate dexterity
· Must be a Canadian citizen or have permanent residency.